Below are the key takeaways from the weekly report published by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- U.S. crude oil refinery inputs averaged 17.6 million barrels per day during the week ending August 31, 2018.
- Gasoline production decreased last week, averaging 10.2 million barrels per day.
- Distillate fuel production increased last week, averaging 5.4 million barrels per day.
- U.S. crude oil imports averaged 7.7 million barrels per day last week, up by 229,000 barrels per day from the previous week.
- Commercial crude oil inventories decreased by 4.3 million barrels from the previous week.
- Total products supplied over the last four-week period averaged 21.4 million barrels per day, up by 3.0% from the same period last year.