Summary of weekly petroleum data for the week ending June 28, 2019
U.S. crude oil refinery inputs averaged 17.3 million barrels per day during the week ending June 28, 2019, which was 47,000 barrels per day less than the previous week’s average. Refineries operated at 94.2% of their operable capacity last week.
- Gasoline production decreased last week, averaging 9.9 million barrels per day.
- Distillate fuel production increased last week, averaging 5.3 million barrels per day.
U.S. crude oil imports averaged 7.6 million barrels per day last week, up by 929,000 barrels per day from the previous week. Over the past four weeks, crude oil imports averaged about 7.3 million barrels per day, 13.1% less than the same four-week period last year.
Total motor gasoline imports (including both finished gasoline and gasoline blending components) last week averaged 536,000 barrels per day, and distillate fuel imports averaged 98,000 barrels per day.
- Total motor gasoline inventories decreased by 1.6 million barrels last week and are at the five year average for this time of year.
- Finished gasoline and blending components inventories both decreased last week.
- Distillate fuel inventories increased by 1.4 million barrels last week and are about 6% below the five year average for this time of year.
- Propane/propylene inventories increased by 1.3 million barrels last week and are about 11% above the five year average for this time of year.
- Total commercial petroleum inventories increased by 2.5 million barrels last week.
Total products supplied over the last four-week period averaged 20.9 million barrels per day, virtually unchanged from the same period last year. Over the past four weeks:
- Motor gasoline product supplied averaged 9.7 million barrels per day, down by 0.1% from the same period last year.
- Distillate fuel product supplied averaged 4.1 million barrels per day over the past four weeks, up by 1.6% from the same period last year.
- Jet fuel product supplied was up 2.2% compared with the same four-week period last year.